In respect to auto ignition temperature LPG, CNG, and LNG are much safer than gasoline or diesel because the auto ignition temperature is much higher.click here for more
Propane Centennial Celebration Raffle
Official Raffle Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RAFFLE CONTEST RULES (“Rules”): By participating, you agree that:
1. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and to National Propane Gas Association’s (“NPGA”) decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the raffle. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. To enter the raffle, you must be a legal US residents who is at least 18 years of age or older (19 years old in Alabama, Delaware and Nebraska; 21 years old in Mississippi). NPGA employees, contracted agents, and their immediate families are prohibited from participating in this raffle. Immediate family includes spouse, children, and children spouse. The Chairman of the Propane Centennial Celebration (“PCC”) Task Force, the officers of NPGA, starting from association year 2010 and running through 2012, and their immediate families may purchase ticket booklets but are prohibited from claiming any prize.
3. Tickets are sold in booklets of 11, with a maximum of 1,500 booklets to be sold for a total of 16,500 tickets. The value of each booklet is $200. When a booklet is sold, the purchaser shall be required to provide his or her name, physical address, email address, and phone number which will be linked with that booklet. NPGA will retain the stubs of both the booklet and the tickets contained within it. The stubs of the ticket will then be entered into the drawing basket to be held on the date and time defined in these Rules. Each ticket booklet will be individually numbered and serialized and each ticket within each booklet will be numbered sequentially and correspond to the booklet number. Each booklet and ticket will contain a stub which will have printed on it a copy of its given serialized number. Booklets will be generally sold in numerical sequence. As numerous individuals of NPGA will be selling ticket booklets, in this case, booklets may be sold out of order. Requests for specific booklet will not be accommodated.
4. The raffle drawing shall be held on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 4:00pm EDT at the Georgia World Congress Center in Fulton County, Atlanta, Georgia. Ticket sales will end when all ticket booklets are sold, or at 3:00p EDT Sunday, April 15, 2012, whichever comes first. All ticket stubs must be received and entered into the drawing basket prior to the drawing date and time to be eligible for the raffle.
5. The raffle will be operated and administered by the NPGA, a nonprofit corporation recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code, with principal offices located at 1899 L Street, NW, Suite #350, Washington, DC 20036.
6. The raffle will consist of ten drawings categorized into three tiers: a Third Place Prize tier, a Second Place Prize tier and a First Place Prize tier. The Third Place Prize tier shall contain eight prizes: propane-fueled trimmers (2) (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $175), propane-fueled leaf blowers (2)(ARV: $250), and propane-fueled push mowers (4)(ARV: $250). The Second Place Prize tier shall contain a single prize: a propane-fueled riding lawn mower (ARV: $11,000). The First Place Prize tier shall contain a single prize: a ROUSH CleanTech Liquid Propane Autogas 2012 Ford F-250 (ARV: $45,000). The total ARV for all prizes to be awarded in the raffle is $57,850.
7. All ticket stubs from each ticket booklet sold shall be entered into a single basket and all drawings will be taken from this basket. All tickets sold for the raffle are eligible for the First Place Prize tier drawing. The first nine drawings will be for the prizes within the Third Place Prize tier and the Second Place Prize tier and prizes shall be awarded according to the order they are listed in above. The First Place Prize will be drawn for only after the Third Place Prizes and Second Place Prize have been drawn. The numbers on the ticket stubs drawn for the first nine prizes shall be recorded by NPGA and those stubs will then be placed back into the drawing basket prior to the First Place Prize tier drawing. Each ticket sold constitutes a separate and equal chance to win one of the available prizes. Odds of winning each prize are based on the number of ticket stubs contained within the basket at the time of drawing for that prize; a total of 16,500 tickets will be offered for sale for the raffle.
8. The winner of any prize shall be the bearer of the winning, serialized ticket which matches the drawn ticket stub regardless of who originally purchased the booklet in which the ticket originated. The winner of any prize need not be present at the drawing win. If the winner is not present to claim his or her respective prize, the winning ticket number will be posted for 30 calendar days following the drawing on the PCC website (www.propane100.org), the NPGAwebsite (www.npga.org), and in NPGA Reports. NPGA will attempt to notify the bearer of the winning ticket using the contact information listed on the booklet stub from which the winning ticket came. All potential winners are subject to verification by NPGA, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this raffle. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until the entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
9. The winner of any prize shall have 30 calendar days from the drawing date to claim his/her prize from NPGA in Washington, DC, or its designee, or forfeit all claims thereto. The winner of any prize must provide a copy of a government issued identification card bearing a photograph along with the winning ticket to NPGA prior to taking claim of their respective prize. If the winner of the First Place Prize is not present to take claim of the vehicle on the date of the drawing, that person has an additional 30 calendar days to claim the vehicle from a designated dealership or manufacturer from the date NPGA receives verification of the winning credentials. This verification must occur within the 30 calendar days from the drawing date. Except where legally prohibited, each potential First Place Prize winner must sign and return, within 7 days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize.
10. Following the drawings of all prize tiers, NPGA will draw an additional six ticket stubs from the raffle basket. These additional ticket stubs will be kept confidential and kept in the order in which they were drawn to serve as alternative prize winning ticket stubs. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email, telephone, and/or registered mail after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to claim his or her prize or fails to sign and return any documentation required by NPGA (including a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release) within the required time period, or if potential First Place Prize winner fails to provide proof of insurance and/or driver’s license, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and NPGA will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected from the six additional ticket stubs selected as follows. If the First Place Prize, or any other prize, is forfeited by one of the potential winners initially selected in the drawing, the first alternate ticket stub will determine the eligible winner of that prize; if more than one alternate winner must be selected, then the additional ticket stub that was selected first will win the higher-value prize. Any alternate winner will be notified in the same fashion as detailed in these Rules. The bearer of the ticket which matches the serialized number on the alternative ticket stub has 30 calendar days to verify the winning credentials with NPGA. If any prize remains unclaimed after these 30 calendar days have passed, the next alternate ticket bearer will then become the winner. This process will repeat until all alternate ticket stubs have been used; once all the alternate ticket stubs have been used, any remaining prizes will remain un-claimed.
11. Once a prize is claimed, the winner takes on all responsibility of the prize and all expenses relating to its shipping and handling. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prize may be made and prize cannot be redeemed for cash, except by NPGA or prize sponsor (“Sponsor”) who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize or portion of prize with another of equal or greater value. The First Place Prize comes with standard equipment and factory options; any additional factory options are at the sole expense of the prize winner. Color and other prize specifics to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability. Sponsor does not make, nor is it in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the First Place Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. The First Place Prize winner will be responsible for title, license, insurance and registration fees required in claiming the vehicle, as well as all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of vehicle. The winner of any prize will be provided with any additional instructions required on how to obtain his/her prize. The First Place Prize Winner must provide proof of automobile insurance and driver’s license issued in his/her name. Winner of any prize will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their prize, and is responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and fees including any sales and property taxes, associated with prize receipt and use. NPGA assumes no liability with regards to taxes and fees for the First Place Prize. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and can only be accepted as awarded. All unclaimed prizes, or their cash value, will be donated to the National Propane Gas Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable entity.
12. Due to postal regulations, requests to purchase raffle tickets cannot be fulfilled by USPS mail for purchases over the World Wide Web, through the mail or by telephone. When an order is placed using these methods, NPGA will complete and submit the ticket booklet by filling in the name, address, and phone number of the purchaser. Purchased ticket booklets will then be mailed via private carrier (including, but not limited to, FedEx and UPS) to the address supplied, where a confirmation of receipt will be required to ensure delivery. Purchaser is responsible for all shipping expenses. Purchased ticket booklets will not be mailed until after payment to NPGA has been received. Check, cash, credit card will be the only acceptable forms of payment; the ticket booklet stub will serve as an official receipt for all transactions. Checks are to be made payable to NPGA. All transactions will be processed by NPGA in a timely manner. In the event that a ticket booklet is purchased by check or credit card and the raffle occurs before NPGA can reasonably process the transaction, and/or the check or credit card is declined by a financial institution for any reason, all ticket stubs linked with that ticket booklet become invalid. Should an invalid ticket stub be drawn from the basket, the bearer of the matching, serialized ticket will be ineligible and any prize will be forfeit and an alternate winner selected in his/her place.
13. In the event that NPGA does not sell a minimum of 750 booklets on or before September 30, 2011, NPGA reserves the right to withdraw all prizes and in their place, the First Place Prize winner will receive a cash prize equal to 50% of the next proceeds from all proceeds from all booklets sold by the raffle drawing date, with NPGA receiving the remaining 50%. In such case, there will be no Second or Third Place Prizes. In the event that NPGA sells all 1,500 booklets on or before September 30, 2011, NPGA reserves the right to print up to an additional 1,000 booklets to the raffle. These additional booklets will follow the same serialized numbering process as set forth in these Rules. If NPGA chooses to print additional booklets, it also reserves the right to add one additional ROUSH CleanTech Liquid Propane Autogas 2012 Ford F-250 to the First Place Prize tier for a total of two First Place Prize vehicles. The process for drawing ticket stubs and claiming prizes shall remain consistent with process established within these Rules.
14. The First Place Prize vehicle will not be modified by NPGA to meet specific local, county, or state requirements. The First Place Prize winner agrees to accept the vehicle as built for United States licensing and registration requirements. The First Place Prize vehicle will be constructed for use in the United States without special modifications for other countries. The First Place Prize winner will be responsible for any modifications required for import to a country outside the United States.
15. Winner of any prize agrees to pay 25% federal income tax withholding to NPGA prior to release of their respective prize. NPGA will submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, NPGA will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report of the value of the prizes won and taxes paid in by the winners. The winners will receive a copy of the form related to their prize. NPGA and the winner shall abide by any other necessary provisions as set forth by the IRS in Notice 1340 prior to the release of any prize.
16. NPGA and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible tickets; technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. NPGA’s failure to enforce any term or provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or provision.
17. Except where prohibited by law, winners grant to NPGA (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of NPGA), their subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, advertising and raffle agencies, suppliers, and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, each winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
18. This raffle is governed by the laws of the United States. These Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by NPGA. No modification of these Rules shall be enforceable unless made by NPGA. If, for any reason, the raffle is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of NPGA, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this raffle, NPGA may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the raffle (or any portion thereof) and award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment or (b) modify the raffle or suspend the raffle to address the impairment and then resume the raffle in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules.
19. NPGA reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the drawing or the legitimate operation of the raffle; to violate these Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and is void where prohibited by law.
20. All proceeds from this contest will go to benefit the PCC, a program of NPGA, a not-for-profit, 501(c)6 entity.
21. By participating in this raffle, entrants agree that NPGA and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed NPGA reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
By participating in this raffle, entrants agree that the released parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, entry, or participation in this raffle or in any raffle-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The released parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to Acts of God, Acts of War, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism.
Without limited the foregoing, everything regarding this raffle, including NPGA’s website and all prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Raffle participants should check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
Copyright ©2011 National Propane Gas Association. The “NPGA” logo used in and in connection with these Rules is a registered trademark of the National Propane Gas Association. All rights reserved.